Northwind Solutions is a progressive, customer focused service and solutions provider of monitoring, operations and maintenance dedicated to renewable energy assets for project owners, operators and OEMS. Northwind was established in 2004 and has project experience at over 65 wind farms, over 200MW of solar PV and has delivered services in 15 US states and 7 provinces over the past decade in business.
Operations Centre – Summer Intern – Oakville, Ontario.
This position is located in Oakville, Ontario at our 24 hour operations centre, the Operations centre intern will be responsible for assisting with the monitoring and the analysis of customers’ renewable energy assets and responding in accordance to the needs of the day as well as ongoing system records keeping requirements for Northwind’s assets under contract.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Remote monitoring, analysis of solar and wind assets including resetting of wind turbines and other plant equipment
- Monitoring weather at sites for safety of maintenance technicians
- Regular maintenance of enterprise asset management records
- initial and final preparation documents to be shared with customers
- Outage reporting to customers
- Technician schedule review, analysis and input
- Technicians dispatching and regular communication with a focus on customer needs and travel efficiencies
- Communication with Field Technicians, System operator, customers,
- Analysis of data to support technician staff in the diagnosis and resolution of issues in the field
- Communication with SCADA and DAS system solution providers
- Position will at times require the person to work nights, weekends, and holidays either from home or in the operations centre facility
- Enrolled in a post-secondary education program in a course of study that demonstrates strong analytical and technical skills relating to engineering (mechanical or electrical preferred), computer science or a college technologist or technician program
- Proficient to excellent skills with Microsoft Excel; Project, Word and Enterprise Service Order Management Software common to the Industrial Services / Utility Service Industry
- Knowledge and interest of power systems monitoring software programs
Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong Communications capabilities
- Strong computer software user and administration skills
- Passion to work in the renewable energy sector
- Hardworking and will to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends may be included)
- Ability to travel Northwind Solutions, Oakville office by 7:00am
SOLAR PV FIELD TECHNICIAN, ELECTRICIAN - ONTARIO
Eastern Ontario (Smiths Falls / Kingston)
Northern Ontario (Temiskaming Shores)
Perform and coordinate planned maintenance inspections and on demand services requirements on commercial and utility solar projects. The ideal candidate will have a proven technical skillset, an excellent work ethic and great communication skills, allowing them to provide exceptional service to our customers, who include industry leading; renewable energy project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and OEMs.
- 1+ years Solar PV field engineering or technician experience or equivalent OR
- High school diploma or equivalent at minimum
- University or College education in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 309 A Journeyman designation preferred
- Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / PLC analysis technology experience
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients about technical and planning related issues both written and orally with the ability to provide valuable solutions and resolve and anticipate issues
- Effective Computer Skills / experience with PLC technologies / Experience with Enterprise software applications
- Safety Training typical of industrial services and field engineering professionals
- Clean driving record
- Ability to manage documentation, processes, employee and sub-contractor relationships
- Reside locally to (or willingness to) the Temiskaming Shores are
If you're interested in a career with Northwind Solutions in Canada or USA, please fill out the form below and submit your resume.