Northwind Solutions is a progressive, customer focused service and solutions provider of monitoring, operations and maintenance dedicated to renewable energy assets for project owners, operators and OEMS. Northwind was established in 2004 and has project experience at over 65 wind farms, over 200MW of solar PV and has delivered services in 15 US states and 7 provinces over the past decade in business.
SUPERVISOR, TECHNICAL SERVICES - ONTARIO
OAKVILLE OFFICE and IN-FIELD AT CUSTOMER SITES
Ongoing review and analysis solar plant performance for Northwind’s portfolio of customers (Utility Scale, Commercial Rooftop and microFIT projects throughout Ontario), contribute to the delivery of excellent; a) performance monitoring services, b) field response to issues and c) planned maintenance programs for Northwind’s customers with a view to maximizing value of customers assets.
- Review field technician staff service and maintenance procedures and provide input and coaching regarding technical procedures, safety procedures and documentation / reporting
- Provide ongoing technical support to field technicians regarding technical troubleshooting and company field safety procedures and be the interface to customers throughout the process of issue resolution
- Design and ongoing refinement of Northwind field technician reports and documentation
- Design and ongoing refinement of performance reports, including actual generation results vs. modeled expectations, vs. irradiance, etc.
- Technical account management and interfacing with customers regarding asset performance and status of ongoing technical issues
- Ongoing review of spare parts requirements and tracking for Northwind’s customers and internal stakeholders
- Ongoing communication with Northwind vendors, employees and customers by phone, email and in person
Skills and Attributes:
- A team player with strong customer service, communication (written and verbal) and Microsoft MSExcel, MSWord and PowerPoint skills (for customer and internal stake holder communications)
- 5 years or more related experience with leadership roles in the energy industry, preferably in solar PV and competent knowledge of hands on technician work with the ability to lead and coach technician staff
- P.Eng , engineering degree, technologist, electrician, working experience in electrical or mechanical engineering technologies or equivalent
- Advanced understanding, practical experience and knowledge of electrical theory and safety requirements for working around DC and AC power
- Advanced understanding of solar PV technologies, power electronics, PLC technologies or other similar or related technologies
- Advanced understanding, practical experience and knowledge of grid tied power generation assets
- Clean Driving record, ability to work in the field and at Northwind Solutions Operations Centre in Oakville, Ontario
SOLAR PV FIELD TECHNICIAN, ELECTRICIAN - ONTARIO
Eastern Ontario (Smiths Falls / Kingston)
Northern Ontario (Temiskaming Shores)
Perform and coordinate planned maintenance inspections and on demand services requirements on commercial and utility solar projects. The ideal candidate will have a proven technical skillset, an excellent work ethic and great communication skills, allowing them to provide exceptional service to our customers, who include industry leading; renewable energy project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and OEMs.
- 1+ years Solar PV field engineering or technician experience or equivalent OR
- High school diploma or equivalent at minimum
- University or College education in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 309 A Journeyman designation preferred
- Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / PLC analysis technology experience
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients about technical and planning related issues both written and orally with the ability to provide valuable solutions and resolve and anticipate issues
- Effective Computer Skills / experience with PLC technologies / Experience with Enterprise software applications
- Safety Training typical of industrial services and field engineering professionals
- Clean driving record
- Ability to manage documentation, processes, employee and sub-contractor relationships
- Reside locally to (or willingness to) the Temiskaming Shores are
If you're interested in a career with Northwind Solutions in Canada or USA, please fill out the form below and submit your resume.